Sunday, April 15, 2018

Factory: The Lenorian Sil!

Today, we begin our journey into the past, and revisit an old, quite basic frame of mine. I present to you the Lenorian Sil.

The Lenorian Sil has a deep backstory, which you can read more about on the original Deviantart post Here. Pictured above is the base variant, but here's a photo of the gladiator variant I built in 2014.
The lore behind this frame is that it was designed by and for gaseous aliens, so there's no real need for a cockpit. It's called a "Sil" because the gaseous aliens(Lenorians) were trying to mimic the silhouette of humans when they made this frame, since they have no real shape.

This was my first dive into making non-conventional frames, and I'm quite happy with how things turned out. The texture of the side panels being slightly angled really appeals to the eye, and the articulated shoulders and hips are a good plus. I know I skimped a little on the legs, and I'll be working to improve them, but this frame was really built around the idea of using handlebars as a pelvis. You'll notice the render and the originals look slightly different in a couple of ways. First, the modeling software was not happy about how I shoved those big finned shoulder things on the taps for his shoulders, so in the render I moved them to his arms. Additionally, you may notice some color changes on the render. The digital version was made four years after the first one, and these are just a few small changes I made to the overall look. I'm going to be revisiting the design for future builds.

Here's a back shot of the stripped down frame. From here you can see the feet, which are just taps used for support. Like I said, I don't like the legs on this frame very much and hope to upgrade them soon. You can also see a stripped down version of the shoulder/head area. Yes, that's just two travis bricks. I couldn't have a build without one.



Let's hope I can really revive this blog by adding some more content! I'm really getting into stud.io, so I hope to have some cool renders without the limitations of my supplies coming soon. On a more sad note, I no longer have any legos in my possession, so I may start bricklinking. If you have any store reccomendations, drop a comment.

Dismissed.

4 comments: