Monday, April 16, 2018

Factory: The 4T-LK "Autolock"!

My first all-digital frame has just been completed. I am quite happy with it, but I think it could go even further as a base frame. I present to you, the 4T-LK Autolock!
I'm in love with this stompy guy, let me talk you through some of the build notes. This frame is very articulated, especially compared to my older frames. It has knees, hips, elbows, and even toes! The "Cockpit" of the frame is on a kind of suspension, which allows the top to be moved up. Here's a picture of him stretched out, so you can see the parts better.
You can see from the back picture that there's a little more going on with the feet here. There are three toes, a foot design I used many years ago but without proper leg size. Now that I have these stocky, over-engineered legs, I think the big three-toed feet fit really well. The arms are pretty cool too, though I don't think I'm as impressed by them. They have click hinge elbows and the shoulders articulate on a single stud connection. The torso itself is pretty stocky, but here's a more naked shot, so you can see the build.
The torso is a travis brick with a two-side-stud brick (47905) coming out the back. This then allows for a technic converter brick to be placed under it, allowing for the two "Arms" that hold the torso above the hips. The build uses three "Pneumatic T's" and I had to stop my self from using more. They make great shoulders, but here I'm using them as part of the hips, as well as the backwards knees.

Anyway, I just had to show off my new creation. This is my first frame to be fully rendered first, and I'm not sure if I'll even ever build him. Though... I definitely want to. Thanks for stopping by.

Dismissed.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see this blog active again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of a newb and have no idea what a technic converter brick looks like. Do you happen to know the part number?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! It's 6541 1x1 with hole, I call it a converter because you can use it with technic pins!

      Delete